WordPress SEO by Yoast to manage SEO content inside WordPress blog.
Today have paid hosting like hostgator can easy auto 1 click installer by tool on cPanel support, but if you need to know basic of WordPress working, you must known how to WordPress manual installing.
Prerequisites for WordPress Manual Installing
- Domain name or sub domain name: sample for this demo wpsimplecart.drutor.com
- Web hosting for stored WordPress file and mysql database: sample drutope9_wp360
- Download your WordPress core stored in your local drive
- FTP Software for upload WordPress core from your local drive to server hosting in root directory shown in photo below:
NOTE: (wp version 3.6+ not rename wp-sample-setting.php to wp-config.php)
2 Easy Step for Manual WordPress InstallingSTEP 1: Open your web browser software like Mozilla Firefox and type your WordPress URL address: http://wpsimplecart.drutor.com
STEP 2: Fill your WordPress database detail then press submit button
Congratulation your WordPress Manual installing success!
NEXT you can log in to your WordPress administrator for manage or create your WordPress content.
For Manual Upgrading WordPress3 Easy STEP for wp - manual upgrading:
*Reminder: before your get start should backup all your database & deactivate your plugins
STEP 1: delete your old file such as, wp-includes & wp-admin folders.
“don’t delete this file”
* wp-config.php file;
* wp-content folder; Special Exception: the wp-content/cache and the wp-content/plugins/widgets folders should be deleted.
* wp-images folder;
* wp-includes/languages/ folder–if you are using a language file do not delete that folder;
* .htaccess file–if you have added custom rules to your .htaccess, do not delete it;
* robots.txt file–if your blog lives in the root of your site (ie. the blog is the site) and you have created such a file, do not delete it.
Then set your wp-config.php match to your database
STEP 2: Upgrade your installation by go to main admin page for this will update your database to be compatible with the latest code. If you fail to do this STEP, your blog might look funny.
STEP 3: Do something nice for yourself
If you have caching enabled, your changes will appear to users more immediately if you clear the cache at this point (and if you don’t, you may get confused when you see the old version number in page footers when you check to see if the upgrade worked)
Your WordPress installation is successfully upgraded.
and on next article I must Workshop show How to Create Simple cart project with WordPress CMS? again for manage your eCommerce shopping cart with PayPal payment gateway.
Share some idea what do you think?